Monday, January 20, 2014

One week

Well, we all survived our first week as a family of 5! The girls are adjusting well to having max home and have already figured out to wait until I start feeding Max to get into stuff or fight! 
Max is doing great! He had his 1 week NICU follow up in Dickinson this morning.  He was 21" long and weighs 9 lb 9 oz. I asked the nurse to re weigh him because he weighed 8 lb 1 oz when he left the NICU 9 days ago, that's gaining over 2.5 oz a day!! 
That brings me to my next topic. Max has been nursing great! He is eating every 3 hours without taking a bottle most of the week, which tells me by how much weight he gained that he is eating enough! 
Dr O said his lungs and heart sound perfect and that he is gaining enough weight that she isn't concerned about him puking as much as he is. I just have kids that puke. 
She also said that she doesn't want to see him again until his regular 2 month checkup. She said it isn't worth exposing him to all the germs at the clinic unless there is something concerning we think he should be seen for. She also wants his hearing checked again at his 2 month checkup because the gentamicin he was on in the NICU can cause deafness or hearing problems. He passed his first hearing test and he hears things because he startles at noises but it's better safe than sorry! 
I wasn't brave enough yet to take all the kids by myself to Max's appointment by myself so Kynlie got to go to work with Aunt Connie this morning. She had a blast working, thanks Aunt Connie!

No comments:

Post a Comment