Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Another day

Max will be spending yet another day in the NICU. He has been breathing fast and shallow the last 24 hours. Dr F gave him an oral dose of Lasix to help get rid of any excess fluid, if he has any. He also is having Max get a nebulizer treatment of Pulmicort twice a day to reduce any inflammation that he may have lingering in his lungs from the pneumonia to see if it will help slow his breathing down. 
Max had his MRI this morning and Dr F hadn't got the official results when I left the NICU but he said from what he can see, everything looks normal.
He also had his hearing test last night which he passed on the first try. 
Max has been eating great, he is still taking about half by breast and half by bottle but he gained an ounce and a half so whatever we are doing is working!
It breaks my heart every time I talk to Kynlie because she keeps asking when I'm coming home. I miss her, Neil and Locklyn and I know they are having fun at their friends house and dad is way more fun than mom is, but it is way too quiet here for me! I hate to say it but I even miss Kynlies pathetic whine!

No comments:

Post a Comment