Sunday, January 5, 2014

Two weeks


Our sweet little Max is two weeks old today. It's so weird because it seems like I was still pregnant yesterday but it also seems like we have been in Bismarck for months! 
As of this morning, Max has NO TUBES on his face! He was down to his ng tube this morning and after I nursed him at 9 and we left, he pulled his tube out. He has been taking all his feedings by breast or bottle so his nurse just left it out, and hopefully it doesn't have to go back in!
Neil and the girls left this morning for Baker after we fed Max so Neil could go back to work. A good friend is going to keep the girls during the day so I can stay here with Max until he is ready to come home, which will be sometime this week. He needs to get out of his isolette and into a crib, get circumcised and continue to gain weight from taking all his feedings orally and we will be headed west! I'm hoping tomorrow he will go into a crib and if his blood work comes back clear he may get his circ done tomorrow or Tuesday. It's hard to say because they switch doctors tomorrow, so this is just what the nurses are telling me they think will happen! 
It's been quiet here since everyone left, but I got some great snuggling in with Max this afternoon and I'm just going to enjoy the calm before Max and I go home to find a new normal.


1 comment:

  1. Max looks SO much better!
    Enjoy the snuggles.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete