Thursday, January 9, 2014

Better

Max is breathing much better today. His respirations slowed down after his nebulizer treatment last night, so he hasn't had to get another one this morning.
His night nurses have said Max is quite the party animal at night too. That's when he wants to be wide awake and snack all night long. He is content as can be, they just feel bad he is wide awake laying in his crib looking at nothing, so they cuddle him and rock him and give him all the attention he could possibly want! I thought one benefit of having a baby in the NICU is that they are on a great schedule when they come home, not Max! He sets his own schedule! 
Dr F said this morning if Max continues to breathe slower we could possibly be out of here this weekend. Please pray for Max to continue to take slow deep breaths and continue to get better. It's funny because every time Dr F talks to me about Max, he will tell me what's going on, followed by "We have to remember he was a very very sick boy." In his strong Spanish accent. It cracks me up every time he says it. I can't remember if I ever did say what Max's official diagnosis was, he had bilateral pneumonia, pulmonary hypotension and sepsis. He was a very very sick boy, I was actually more worried about him than I ever was with Kynlie. Kynlie never was horribly sick, she was very small and very fragile but luckily she was as healthy as you can be at 1 lb 4.5 oz! It was definitely scary when she was born, and for the few weeks after, but for some reason I just knew she was going to be fine. Max was so sick and I was very afraid he might not make it. 
Once again, the power of prayer worked wonders and Max is mostly mended up and hopefully will soon be on he road to Montana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment