Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011

We had an amazing New Year's weekend, except for the fact that we didn't get to spend it with Kynlie. It was the first time since we brought her home that I spent a night without her. We went to Cooke City, MT with some good friends to go snowmobiling for the weekend. Kynlie stayed with my parents.
We left Thursday afternoon and drove to Cooke, riding snowmobile the last 10 miles to town. It was frigid cold, I don't think it got above zero degrees most of the weekend. We had a little scare on the way to Cooke City, the snowmobile trailer slid on the ice and made the pickup spin out, luckily the guard rail was covered in snow and we just slowly bounced off it and were back on our way, no damage done to anything!

Neil and Shawn have rode in Cooke City quite a bit, but for LaCinda and I, it was a whole new ball game. When you get in the powder snow, you have pretty much no control over your  snowmobile, and have to use the weight of your body to turn. Sometimes it took me what seemed like miles to turn around! I tried to steer clear of areas with trees because I could just see myself headed straight into one completely out of control! No trees, or snowmobiles were injured in the trip. LaCina had a little scare and drove off a 30 or so foot snow cliff into a hole. Luckily, the snow was soft underneath and her sled just stopped, she went over the handlebars, through the windshield and onto the snow, but just had some bumps and bruises. I was following her and luckily was far enough behind to notice that she had disappeared and didn't drive off the cliff landing right on top of her.

LaCinda was too sore to go out riding on Saturday so it was just me and the guys. They took me a couple of places that I may have said a cuss word or two as I was trying to maneuver the snowmobile down and around trees, but I surprised myself and did rather well, not hitting any trees or driving my snowmobile off any cliffs!

It was very intimidating, feeling completely out of control and not being able to see some obstacles in the snow, such as 30 foot drop offs, but it was a blast and I definitely want to go again- if the guys will take me!

Kynlie did great while we were away, I was worried how she would sleep because she doesn't sleep well in hotels and I usually end up nursing her most of the night, but mom & dad said she slept all night without a problem. She did have a little meltdown on New Year's Eve that prevented them from going to a gathering, but they didn't seem too upset about missing it.

We got up and left Cooke City by 8 am on Sunday and made it home about 5:30 last night. The roads and weather were not good at all. It was so great to get to see Kynlie again- she didn't know what to do when she saw me and she just smiled and gave her great fake laugh. She would look at me and say "ha" then she would do it again. She was very goofy when we got home and was so excited to see her daddy that she didn't want to settle down and go to sleep.

Here is a picture and video my mom took when we were gone, neither are very clear, but the video was of my dad making Sterling circle on his hind legs for treats and Kynlie thought it was pretty funny and the picture is of her in her Happy New Year shirt- just like the one she wore last year.

Happy New Year 2011

Happy New Year 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment