Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Best friends

Kynlie and I have had some company this week. My friend Maranda's normal daycare is out of town for a week so I am keeping her almost 2 year old son Jayden.

I told Neil if he was here much longer than a week, Kynlie would starve to death. She won't take her eyes off of him, I think it was love at first sight! She hasn't ate breakfast all week. The only way she will eat lunch is if he is napping. She won't nurse beause she has to be facing me and can't see Jayden. It's pretty cute though, Jayden looks at her and her face just lights up, like a first crush!
It's been great having him around. He's a great kid and it's nice for Kynlie to have some interaction with kids. I also don't know how I have done it, but Kynlie and Jayden have both been taking 2 naps a day, sleeping for over an hour, in their beds. I can't ever get Kynlie to nap in her crib. I think I figured out the trick though, she likes soft things, we have the plush sheets from Private quarters and she loves them. She cuddles with our new carpet, my slippers, the couch pillows. I started laying a soft blanket under her in her crib and she cuddles up with it and goes right to sleep. Why didn't I think of that months ago?
Don't fall over on me Kynlie!

You are so cute Jayden!

Something's funny.

Last week I was trying to get Kynlie to sleep and she kept fighting it. She crawled off my lap and over to the soft blankets and the couch pillows, laid down and went to sleep. I had to move the pillow because she wasn't laying on it, she just had her face buried in it.

1 comment:

  1. The photos of them laughing are just precious! Thanks for the smile today!

    ReplyDelete