Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving Day. We went out to my parent's house for lunch, which was amazing, then came home and finished decorating for Christmas. Kynlie loves all the lights and the tree, which she has surprisingly left a lone. She feels the branches with her forehead and will feel them with her hands a little but so far she has been pretty good.

As I was enjoying time with my family today, I couldn't help but be thankful that I was home, with Kynlie and Neil this year. Last year, our Thanksgiving was spent in Bismarck, with some family. My parents, sister, brother and nephew came over for the day and we had Thanksgiving at my dad's cousin's house. Neil and his mom, brother and sister-in-law were in Denver at the football game. It was a very special day as that was the first time my parents had got to see Kynlie since she was born on October 9. Right after she was born the NICU  was restricted to parent's only due to the H1N1 flu, they couldn't even get on the birth center floor to look through the window. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, they opened it up so grandparents could get in too.

I want to just post a tiny bit about what I am thankful for this year.
  • for a happy, healthy baby
  • for a wonderful husband that works his butt off every day so I can stay home with my baby and loves me unconditionally
  • for both of our families, who are so supportive of us
  • for our friends, who are always here for us
  • for our warm house with food on the table
  • for modern medicine, that has helped some very important people in our lives
  • for Kynlie's doctor, nurses (aunts & uncle) and everyone that took care of her and I in Bismarck
  • for the Ronald McDonald house, my home for 4 months
Those are all I can think of, which makes me feel bad because I know there is so much more that I am thankful. I definetly did realize that I took so much for granted before though and now that it's the little things in life that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment