Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Fun

We got our Christmas baking done last weekend when we got our water back on. Kynlie LOVED being able to lick all the bowl and spoons clean and sample all the final products. We had to get everything out of the kitchen because she would throw a fit every time we walked by the counter  because she wanted cookies!
My doctor's appointment on Monday went good, I am still not dilated at all and right at 50% effaced. I go again this Thursday, then start going every week after that. I am honestly starting to get nervous about the baby coming. What I am most nervous about is going into labor and having contractions, which I am not supposed to have because of my incision, and the weather being bad or roads being closed and we can't get to the hospital. I just keep telling myself everything is going to be okay!

Tuesday I took Kynlie into the doctor as she had been really droopy, crabby, had a snot nose and under her eyes were all puffy. She was diagnosed with a sinus infection so she's been on medicine for that. Poor kid goes from getting ear infections so we get her tubes in her ears, then she starts getting sinus infections.

Wednesday we tried helping out at the coffee shop but Kynlie wasn't having anything to do with being down there. She just wanted mom and didn't want mom to be doing anything but snuggling with her. We also got news that my grandpa's surgery that was supposed to be at 12:30 on Thursday was moved up to 5:30 so we had to leave Wednesday evening for Billings. Kynlie slept from Miles City to Billings, then when we got to the hotel at 10, she had got her second wind and was wide awake. She talked and squirmed around the bed until 2:15 when she finally decided to go back to sleep. It was awesome!

Grandpa's surgery went perfectly, thank you to everyone that prayed for him and our family, your prayers have been answered.

Friday, Kynlie and I worked and she actually cooperated so I felt like it was worth my time being down at the store. Neil and I had a "date" Friday night which consisted of take-out steak and crab legs, putting Kynlie to bed 1/2 hour early and watching the movie "The Hangover 2." It was very romantic!!

Saturday we had a combo birthday party for me, Neil's mom and sister-in-law. Their birthdays are Dec 10th and mine is the 11th. We got super spoiled and it was a very enjoyable evening.

Today we just relaxed. We frosted the sugar cookies we made last weekend, wrapped the last of our Christmas presents, took naps and did a whole lot of nothing!

I got Kynlie in with a speech therapist in Dickinson on Wednesday. I am very anxious to hear what they have to say about her vocabulary. I am hoping if they want to see her, we can get it to work with when I have my OB appointments to not have to make a million trips to Dickinson.

Kynlie did start doing something, we'll say.....interesting, last week. Neil asked her on Monday if she could "smile pretty" and she scrunched her nose up and gave a goofy grin, we both praised her and tole her how pretty her smile was. Now if you ask her to smile pretty, she looks at you serious as can be, puts her chin down and rolls her eyes up into her head. It's pretty darn funny. I put a picture of it below.



Cleaning out the cookie dough bowl
Cleaning off the fudge spatula







Building a snowman with daddy
Kynlie can smile pretty
How Kynlie "Smiles Pretty!"

Birthday girls!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading up on your blog! happy birthday Ashlee (a bit late, as always :) i hope Kynlie is feeling better- we have had our rounds here in our familia too and it's nooo fun. i'm so excited for this new baby girl coming...with i was there to help you with your "nesting" :)

    ReplyDelete