Monday, April 18, 2011

Ugh

After how awful Kynlie sounded last night when she was sleeping, I decided this morning that I was going to take her to Dickinson to the pediatrician. I called to make her an appointment and the receptionist asked me if I was already in town or what! I told her no and she told me that she wanted me to talk to the nurse before we went over because the roads that direction were horrible. The nurse called me back and I told her what was going on with Kynlie and she wanted to ask the doctor if he wanted me to drive on the roads to go see him or not. He said he wanted to see Kynlie from what I described about how she has been.

Every night she coughs so much that she pukes EVERYWHERE, the neb treatments help, sometimes, but not enough. She was done with her antibiotic on Saturday and is still feeling as cruddy as ever. Her temp is usually around 100, but I can break it with Ibuprofen,she's eating and drinking, peeing and pooping, so that's GREAT!

The nurse had a hard time getting the pulse-ox to pick up her saturation's because her hands and feet were so cold from riding in the back seat, it doesn't help that she won't leave her socks on at all. We ended up putting a hot pack on her foot to warm it up so the machine would pick up her readings. Her oxygen level was 97% which was great because she was sounding awful. Every breath she took was wheezy and she couldn't cough whatever it was up.

When the doctor came in, he was very pleased with her oxygen level but was pretty sure that she had pneumonia from listening to her breathe sitting on my lap and from what I had told him. Surprisingly when he listened to her chest- he said her lungs were clear, so he wasn't going to do a chest x-ray. He said she has a sinus infection and the nasal drainage is what is causing all the noise when she breathes. It's also why she's coughing and puking. He said that sadly, the two antibiotics she was on wouldn't do anything for the sinus infection and he gave her a prescription for a different antibiotic that she will have to be on for 10 days. He did say that if she had any bacterial pneumonia that this would clear it up too.

I am ready for the poor baby to feel good again. It's frustrating for Neil and I when she is puking all the time, but I really feel bad for her, it would be so miserable to be puking all the time like she is. Hopefully we are on the mend now and she can be feeling better for Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment