Friday, March 18, 2011

Reflux

Dr. Ocejo called me back this morning about the constant puking that Kynlie has been doing lately. He said it sounds to him like she has reflux. He suggested a few things we can try before we put her on Zantac, he always likes to try different remedies to keep the babies off medicines if he can.

He suggested we put 2 tsp rice cereal in every 4 oz of milk she drinks to thicken it. He also said we could switch to 2% milk as it takes less time to digest. He said if she is drinking fluids, she needs to be eating solids with it so her stomach isn't full of just fluids.

He said if that didn't work that we could put her on Similac Sensitive RS formula or Enfamil AR for spit up. He said those formulas are made for babies with reflux and that they might help also.

We are going to try the rice and solids with her fluids first as it will be a lot cheaper than putting her on formula.  If that isn't working after a few days we'll try the formula, if the formula doesn't do anything, we'll put her on Zantac.

Besides wrecking all her clothes from all the puke, I am worried about Kynlie's throat and teeth developing issues from all the acid.

Yesterday, I was feeling Kynlie's teeth that are trying to come in and her left top molar is now trying to poke through- that's 4 teeth at one time for the poor kid! Dr. Ocejo did say that teething does not cause puking so that's not what the problem is.

We went over and helped Kourtney decorate the reception hall for her dinner/dance on Saturday. It looks beautiful and I am so excited for the party!

Last night I finally made it to league basketball, it was a lot of fun and I am in better shape than I thought I would be in. After basketball we went out for a drink for St. Patrick's Day and ended up staying for more than one.

Today is my last day taking care of Pyper full time. I'm a little sad about it but I am looking forward to all the free time I'll have when Kynlie is napping, which she's been doing a lot of lately, sleeping and puking.

1 comment:

  1. Hope to see you tomorrow @ the party!
    Praying Kynlie's issue stops soon....no fun @ all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete