Sunday, March 13, 2011

Going green

It feels like we have been going nonstop since we got back from Hawaii! I can't believe it's almost been two weeks.
Last Saturday, we had a baby shower for my cousin Shantel who had a healthy baby boy on Feb 12. There was a great turnout at the shower and Tryppton got very spoiled.
4 generations of Rustads- Lincoln, Gina, Matthew, mom, grandma, me and Kynlie
just to the right of me in the picture is Kirsten's leaf on the tree at the Luthern church
When we were done with the shower, we headed to Thee Garage for an 80th birthday party for my great uncle. My whole family was here for the shower and party so it was great getting to spend time with them all.
Jordan, Ashley, Lincoln, Gina, Ken, Matthew, mom, dad, me, Neil and Kynlie
Kynlie and Pyper are ready for St. Patrick's Day

This is going to be my last week watching Pyper. I  am going to miss her, but I am also looking forward to being able to get some of my projects done while Kynlie is sleeping.

I got some very sad news last week, my uncle's brother, who lives in Bismarck, had a set of quadruplet boys that are 3 months older than Kynlie. The boys were born in Minneapolis at 26 weeks, and Kevin and Marquel were starting to bring them home when Kynlie was still in the NICU. I had followed their caringbridge site from the time they were born and had read that they were wanting volunteers to help care for the three boys they had home- Dylan was the sickest of the boys and was in the hospital past his first birthday with a traech and g-tube. I decided I might as well call them as I had nothing I really had to do besides be at the hospital. I helped with the boys up until the time I started nursing Kynlie, then I had to be at the hospital too much to help them anymore. Marquel still updated their caringbridge site now and then and last Tuesday, Feb 1, she put a brief note saying that Dylan needed prayers. She updated again on Tuesday night about what had happened, that Dylan couldn't catch his breath and had to recieve chest compressions for over 20 minutes and was in the hospital, heavily sedated but stable.  Wednesday she updated again that they were waiting for to bring him off the sedation meds to check for brain activity as they were unsure of how long he had gone without oxygen. Thursday night, I got a call from my uncle saying that there was no brain activity and they were going to take him off life support on Friday. I am still heartbroke for this family, they have gone through so much, little Dylan fought so hard for so long, then was gone in an instant.

I was going to go to Bismarck to go to the funeral and woke up on Thursday feeling like I was coming down with the flu again, it broke my heart that I wasn't able to go for Kevin and Marquel, but thought that I would be better off at home than getting everyone else sick. Please pray for the Berger family as they try to get through this. You can check out their caringbridge site at
www.caringbridge.org/visit/bergerboys

Kynlie has 3 new teeth coming in- for a total of 13. Her two top eye teeth and her top right molar are all trying to poke through at the same time, poor girl. She did take two steps, by her self, between my dad and I last week but she is still pretty wobbly on her own.  She does take off and walk whenever you put her on the ground so you better be holding on to her. She is starting to say some words now- at least I say she is! She says "uh-oh, aha, all done, dada" she shakes her head no, which also means  cold. She wipes her mouth off, putts chapstick on, when you ask her if she wants to take a bath or put her pajamas on, she pulls at her shirt to take it off. She has been doing pretty good with her eye patches too, as long as you can keep her occupied for the first 5 minutes she'll forget about it. If any music comes on anything, she's dancing like crazy and she's a pretty good singer too!

We had a playdate last Wednesday with a little girl across the street that is close to Kynlie's age. Kynlie was her normal drama queen, if Emmalyn touched her she would let out her worst fake cry. Next time, I think we'll try it at our house and see if she's any better. I can tell she gets uncomfortable in new places, around new or a lot of people so we'll see if she'll play good with her at her own house.

She has been having a great weekend, her cousins are staying the weekend with us so she has had an endless amount of people to play with. The girls love her so much, it's great that they are getting to spend some quality time together. We tried pulling her around in the sled yesterday but she wasn't a fan of that, I felt bad though, when we got her in the house, her little hands and feet were freezing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Ashlee, Please tell Marquel & Kevin I am thinking and praying for them! Feel free to give her any of my contact info if they ever need someone to talk too! Sending lots of prayer and love their way!

    ReplyDelete