Friday, October 8, 2010

Our firstborn

 Kirsten Hope,
Today would've been your first birthday, and not a day has gone by that I don't think about you, miss you, love you and wonder what you would be like. It's amazing how much I  love and miss someone I never really got to meet.
I can't help but wonder ever day what you would be like. Would you be spunky and squirmy like your sister or would you be laid back and calm. Would you have the dark curly hair you were born with, or would I have two baldies? Would you be chubby or skinny like Kynlie is. How many teeth would you have now? Would you be crawling yet, would you be a picky eater or would you love everything. Every time Kynlie does something new, I can't help but wonder, would you be doing it already or would you be watching her, taking notes and following in her footsteps. Would you look like me or would you look like your daddy, like Kynlie does?
You would've been the best big sister, even though you were a tiny bit smaller than Kynlie when you were born. I know your time with us was way too short, but I  know you are in a much better place now and there is plenty of family up there spoiling you rotten. I can still feel your little feet kicking me in the belly, some days it felt like there were 10 babies squirming around inside there.
One thing that makes me feel better is knowing that you were never in pain and you never suffered. You went to be in God's arms right away and I will see you there some day. You fought to stay alive inside me long enough to keep your sister alive and I know that you were watching over her when she was so tiny and I thank you for that.
Every day, I wish you were here with us, I will always love you and always miss you.
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Lots of thoughts and hugs to you Ashlee!! What a difficult thing to go through!! Soo bitter sweet to see Kynlie and yet also wonder what Kirsten would be like!! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete