Monday, March 1, 2010

Back to the Real World

Sorry it's been so long since my last blog post. I'm in my second week back at work and we are still trying to get our routine down. Neil has been getting up for a night feed, then he takes Kynlie out to my mom & dad's for my sister to watch her. I go pick her up after work, come home and feed her, then Neil is home. I am really missing all my cuddle time that we had, but I know that she gets a lot of love from Gina and Matthew. She has been eating good, getting at least 75ml feeds now and her vomiting has slowed down a lot. She had a couple of Apnea and Bradycardia spells last week so I called and they wanted to increase her caffeine, but when we did, her heart rate increased and she was very restless until she ate the next time so we cut her back down to her previous dose.
Neil still has his cold, so he is still wearing a mask when he is in contact with Kynlie. They still like to cuddle on the couch and Sterling thought he'd join in too.

Matthew is coming around to liking Kynlie a little better now. He doesn't mind sharing his Poppy with her. We decided that Kynlie is going to have to call grandpa whatever name Matthew has given him at the time. He used to be Papa, then Pop, now it's Poppy.

When she's been cuddling and has a full belly, when we lay her down in her vibratey chair or swing, she doesn't move at all.

She is in her milk comas quite often! It's cute to see her be so sleepy that she doesn't even move.

Here she is sitting in her boppy pillow, waiting for Neil and I to get ready for work.

She is really smiling a lot more lately, not really at anything but it's sure cute!

This is from last week when she hit 6 pounds!! That's right folks, we have a 6 pounder!
We went to Billings last weekend, Neil went skiing and Kynlie and I just hung out with Gina and Matthew. It was a long weekend, Kynlie didn't sleep very good, hopefully because of the increase in caffeine and just wasn't happy at night. I'm glad she's back to herself at home because I would be a zombie if she was awake every night until 1.

I am going to try and be better about posting more often, it just takes so much time to get my pictures uploaded that it's easier to just not post! If I would plan ahead, I could start uploading, do something else, then come back later and type my post. That would require planning and doing things in advance, which I struggle with so we'll see how I do!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet baby girl, look at those cheeks! She is SO cute!! Hang in there momma with the new schedule- if it makes you feel better, I am up too with my lil babe...except at 10 months old, I think his excuses for pulling all nighters are up?!
    For some reason, sometimes blogger runs slow in uploading pictures, when that happens to me I usually just try again the next day. It shouldn't always run slow.
    Anyway- You are doing great, Ashlee. As a first time mom, I could never have blogged anything. I was seriously up to my eyeballs in motherhood with just one... you are supermom, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's cliche to say this but I can't help it -- Kynlie seems to be growing so quickly! She has such a happy little cherub face.

    ReplyDelete