Sunday, February 26, 2012

We survived

The girls and I survived our first weekend without daddy. He left Friday afternoon to go back to the Bighorn Mountains to go snowmobiling for the weekend. Kynlie wasn't feeling too great on Friday so I tried getting her in to see the doctor but they were booked solid, she's got an aweful cough and a snot nose. The girls and I went over to Plevna with my parents for the fish buffet and when we were there, I noticed that Kynlie felt warm. I checked her temp when we got home and it was 101.8. I gave her some tylenol, gave her a bath and put her to bed. I went and checked her again a few hours later and her temp had not dropped so I needed to give her more Tylenol so I had to wake her up. Remember a few posts back when we found out that a couple hours of sleep was enough to keep a two year old going for a lot more hours, well, she was up all night! I felt so bad for her, she was in bed with me and she kept coughing and blowing her nose and wimpering all night. She was trying to go to sleep, she was just too miserable.
She's a big girl now!
Saturday morning, my dad had offered to come stay with Locklyn so Kynlie and I could go have a coffee at Lawlers, but we had to take a rain check because Kynlie was too sick and tired. He did come in in the afternoon to stay with Kynlie so I could go help with my cousin's baby shower. The shower was beautiful and there was a great turnout considering the weather was not very nice. Baby Dax is adorable and he got super spoiled.
Trying on daddy's helmet
I spent Saturday night snuggling with my girls and reading books, it was amazing! Kynlie's temperature was still high Saturday so she got more tylenol and ended up sleeping with me again. At least last night, she did sleep, not good, but she slept.
Kynlie has enough hair for pig tails now!
Neil has been giving Kynlie showers and she comes down with her hair fixed different every night, it is so cute! She saw her pretties on my dresser and wanted pig tails again the other morning and she is pretty proud of them!
Snuggling with daddy
Today we just hung out, playing, reading, doing puzzles. Kynlie sang, a lot. She is turning into quite the singer these days, and she will flip through songs on my phone until she finds the one she wants and start singing along with it, she doesn't get the words but she is pretty good with the tune!
Smiley Girl
Neil got home about 3:30 this afternoon and we have just been relaxing, happy to be together again! It is amazing how much help he is when he is here, we sure did miss him!
Cool kid
I am hoping I can get Kynlie into the doctor tomorrow here, if not we will probably have to go to Dickinson. She ran a fever all day today and the poor kid can't even talk because her throat is so sore. Her already squeaky voice is really, really squeaky, her cry and whine are even pathetic. Locklyn still has her little cough too, but hers is nothing like Kynlie's so I am not as worried about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment