Thursday, February 9, 2012

6 Weeks

We got back on Monday from our Super Bowl adventure, had Tuesday at home, then took off for Dickinson for Locklyn's 6 week checkup and Kynlie's speech appointments.

Locklyn weighs 10 lb 5 oz and was 22" long. Both are between the 50-75% on the growth chart. Dr O said she looks perfect, keep up with what we are doing and come back in 2 months! She is smiling a lot and starting to coo. She is still in 0-3 month clothes and we are squeezing her chubby legs into the last of the newborn diapers! She is eating every 2-3 hours during the day and every 5-6 hours at night. She is still in the bassinet in our room and will be until she isn't getting up at all. She continues to be the easiest baby, she's pretty laid back and goes right along with the flow!

Kynlie's speech is improving daily, it has been so worth it taking her to Dickinson for her appointments! Tuesday, she was acting up during her appointment, whining to me and not listening to Valerie. I threatened to leave the room because I knew Kynlie wouldn't whine to Valerie and Kynlie kept it up with me so Valerie and I talked it over and she said she would be willing to try one-on-one with Kynlie. I left and the whining instantly stopped! Little Stinker! At the end of the appointment, Valerie came out and said that when I left, Kynlie did everything asked of her perfectly. From now on, Valerie will come out and get Kynlie, the two of them will do her appointment, then when there are 5-10 minutes left, I will go back and Valerie can tell me what they worked on and what she wants us to work on at home.

We are home today, then tomorrow we are headed to Dayton, WY to visit my brother and sister-in-law. Neil  and Jordan are going snowmobiling and Ashley and I are getting Massages!! Our poor kids don't ever get a chance to stay home! Seems like we are always on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment