Monday, January 9, 2012

It's fun!

Being a big sister is fun! Kynlie is loving it!  The only bad thing is, I can't put Locklyn down anywhere without being right there to keep Kynlie from covering her up- face too, giving her her pacifier, trying to pick her up, burp her, whatever Kynlie thinks Locklyn needs, Kynlie will do!

This morning, Kynlie was whining and I told her I did't understand what she wanted. She grabbed a pillow off the couch, threw it on the recliner chair, crawled up there and patted the pillow beside her. She held Locklyn that way last night and that's what she wanted to do again! It was adorable!


Kynlie has to help me burp Locklyn, but by help, I mean she (not so nicely) removes my hand from where I was burping Locklyn so she can pat her there. If Locklyn is crying, Kynlie runs to wherever the nearest pacifier is to get it to try to shove in Locklyn's mouth.
The only place Locklyn is safe is on our bed, it's the only place Kynlie can't get to her, but we do have to beware of flying phones, toys, shoes, whatever Kynlie has in her hand at the time.
Life as a family of 4 has been great! Locklyn sleeps well, sometimes going 5 hours between feedings at night! Kynlie has adjusted well to having Locklyn around, the only thing that is hard on her/us is I can't pick her up and carry her around like she is used to. I do pick her up, I am just careful about it but I don't carry her.

Neil was home all week last week, which was great for all of us. Him and Kynlie got some great time together. He did most everything around the house, which I already miss!

I thank God every day for giving us Locklyn, she is truely a blessing and the perfect fit to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment