Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3 weeks

The girls and I survived our first week at home without dad! I'm not going to lie, it was tough! Kynlie loves Locklyn and is so sweet to her, but she was super whiney to me from the instant she woke up in the morning until Neil got home from work. No matter what I did for her, she was whining.

Friday, my mom went with us to Dickinson for Kynlie's speech appointment. I love going to the appiontments, Kynlie is so adorable because she tries SO hard to do whatever the pathologist asks her to do. Valerie said that itself is a huge step as she has a lot of kids that won't even try. Kynlie is doing better with being able to make her vowel and consonant sounds but when she is asked to put them in a word, she struggles.
2 little monkeys!
Valerie thinks we need to work at getting Kynlie to use sign language again to help her communication be less frustrating, which she is picking up quickly. She also wants me to make a list of some simple words that we could work on with Kynlie that would be helpful if she used them every day. She also gave me some cheek and lip stretches that she wants me to do with Kynlie every day.
Daddy's workout partner
Monday, I braved the cold and took both girls to Dickinson by myself for appointments. Locklyn had her two week checkup and Kynlie had speech. Locklyn's appointment went great, she was 21.5" long, which is in the 75%, she weighed 8 lb 15 oz, which is in the 50% and her head measured 14.2"  which was in the 75%.  She is still a little jaundice but the doc wasn't concerned about it at all. She wants us to start her on some vitamin D and keep doing everything else we are doing.
Checking eachother out
 Kynlie has adjusted well to having a new baby around. She is over the whining now and tries to help with whatever she can with Locklyn. It's pretty cute, if Locklyn so much as squeaks, Kynlie is literally running to the nearest pacifier so she can try to shove it in Locklyn's mouth!
Cute profiles

No comments:

Post a Comment