Friday, May 13, 2011

May

Wow, I have really been slacking on the blog posts. To be honest, I have hardly taken any pictures the month of May- oops! We had a very relaxing Mother's Day last weekend, we just visited both of our mothers for a bit then came home to do some yardwork.

Kynlie has only been able to play on her new swingset a handfull of times due to all the rain we have been getting but we added a little something to it yesterday that I think she is going to enjoy. What little girl's playset is complete without bright pink sand? We are a few bags short but we will pick it up next time we are out of town, how fun is the colored sand!
Kynlie's swingset- complete with a pink sandbox.
Wednesday we headed to Bismarck for Neil and Kynlie's eye appointments. Neil had got a reminder in the mail from my eye doctor that he was due for a checkup and we decided that he would just go to Bismarck to Kynlie's eye doctor for his exam. His eyes have hardly changed at all.

Kynlie's appointment went good, Dr Samson now wants us to patch her right eye two days, then her left eye one day. He said her right eye is looking a lot straighter and that patching her right eye more will strengthen the left eye a little more. He also said that we could go 30 minutes when we are patching.
Kynlie cuddling with her kangaroo.
When Kynlie was still in the NICU, one of my cousins was following the caringbridge site and remembered me talking about the kangaroo care. She found this kangaroo puppet book it reads

"You know what makes me happy as can be,
just being together, mommy and me
Together makes me bounce with glee
because anyone can see, my mommy loves me!"

It was perfect for Kynlie! Wednesday I went in to check on Kynlie when she was taking a nap and she had got her book from her toy pouch that is hanging on the end of her crib and had her arm wrapped around the kangaroo! It was too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment