Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The cow is back

Kynlie likes the gangsta look with her hat, if we can't see her, she didn't do it! She is good at fussing and grunting when I am out of the room, then the instant I walk around the corner, it's complete silence and she looks like she has been sleeping soundly. She is also very good at giving me plenty of laundry to do. I think there have been 2 days since she has been home that I have not had a full load of Kynlie's stuff, and we have a front load washer so they are big loads. At least she is going to get good use of all her clothes, blankets and burp rags.
Sterling is getting used to her, still not to her monitor alarm. In the picture, it looks like neither one of them are sure of each other. She hasn't alarmed much, just one apnea spell since we have been home and a few slow and fast heart rates, which are because she is being moved around so the leads don't pick like they are supposed to.

Neil has turned into "SuperDad." I have really missed him being here all day since he went back to work on Monday. He pretty much did everything Kynlie when he was here and I got a lot done around the house.
Since Neil has gone back to work, Kynlie and I have done a lot of cuddling. We have took quite a few naps together, which I know I need to quit or she is going to be a hard keep for my sister when I go back to work.
Thanks to one of these a day,
and three cups of this a day, ( thank you Christina)
the cow is no longer dry. I have been drinking the herbal tea that has fenugreek in it and a beer a day and my milk production is back up. It isn't where it was before but it's defintetly enough to feed Kynlie. Sunday night, she woke me up every time she was ready to eat and ate great. Last night, I had to wake her up and she wouldn't nurse at all. I would try for 10 minutes or so, then just go downstairs and get a bottle. I decided it's not worth me fighting her at 3 am and wasting both of our time so I just try for a bit then bottle feed her. She has been eating great during the day and not puking as much as she had been. She pukes worse when she is bottle fed because she takes such big gulps and has so much air that we can't get it all burped out. Then, with all the air, she gets some good distance when she does vomit. I must say, it's pretty impressive out of something so little.
I did get her weighed today and she is up to 5 lb 5 oz. Not quite the gain I was hoping but she had a lot of nights of not eating well and a lot of puking so hopefully we can get those all resolved and she'll start packing on the ounces!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the cow is back up and running =) Funny, I was given the same advice when my milk supply ran low. Beer and fenugreek. Hate it when they tell you to have a beer, ha! I took so much fenugreek I smelled like IHOP - which I was told, was a "good thing" and meant the herb was working. After a few bumps in the road initially, it's been smooth sailing since. Keep encouraged!

    Well we're all recovering from the stomach flu at our house, this is when it's NO FUN to be the mom. I finally posted on Kynlie. Hope you're all doing well there and keeping warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo glad to hear that your supply is coming back!! Too funny Kristin about the IHOP!! I remember telling you that and you were like, WHAT?? but it is soo true that you start smelling like maple syrup from taking it!!

    Don't be too discouraged about the weight gain Ashlee!! For the first few months after Karlee came home, we barely gained a pound a month but once she started solids, the kid doubled in size and has fully caught up!! Kynlie is still working hard to remember to breath, stay warm, etc....it will come!! Glad she hasn't been alarming too much for you and take advantage of the snuggles and naps....soon she will be 3 and won't want to!! :-)

    ReplyDelete