Friday, February 1, 2013

Bittersweet

Yesterday was the end of over a year long chapter of our lives. Almost every week for the last year and two months, the girls and I have drove to Dickinson on Thursdays for Kynlie to go to speech therapy. We were set up with a great pathologist and Kynlie and Valerie worked great together.
 
Not long after Christmas, Valerie told me that Kynlie had met all her goals and that she had no concerns with Kynlie any more and that we could work on getting Kynlie discharged from speech. I asked her if we could take a break and maybe make an appointment in 6-8 weeks as Kynlie likes to do great on things, then regress. Valerie thought that sounded great. Thursday was our last appointment with Valerie. She said Kynlie did wonderful and she think she will continue to make progress daily.
 
As nice as it is going to be not having to drive to Dickinson weekly, I will miss seeing Valerie and all the great ladies at RehabVisions and I'm sure for a few weeks I'll think I have to rush getting ready Thursday mornings to get the girls out the door. This is definitely a chapter I am glad to close and honestly thought we would be doing it for a few more years as when Kynlie started going last December, the only word she would use was "Deeda." Now the girl never shuts up!

No comments:

Post a Comment