Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Did we really just do that?

This is a couple days late, but I just have to congratulate my hubby on winning Wibaux's demolition derby last Sunday. There were around 20 cars and Neil was the last one running!
The thing I love most about watching Neil derby is that no matter whether he wins or not, he is always out there giving it his all, he is the most fun driver to watch and it's all about hitting hard for him.
We had quite the day in Wibaux too, Kynlie puked on the way, when we were about halfway there, I pulled over and cleaned her up but left her in the same clothes because I only had one more outfit and a lot of times she pukes multiple times - dang teeth. When we got to Wibaux, we parked and I had Kynlie in her diaper in the back seat of the pickup cleaning her up and putting sunscreen on her. I had just thrown the keys in the diaper bag when I got out and remembered that I had done that so I hooked them on the keychain on the diaper bag and locked the pickup so I didn't forget.
I asked my friend that was with us to come hold Kynlie so I could spray her arms and legs with sunscreen so I shut the door on the pickup so she could come back to where we were. She looked at me and said "did we just do that?" Yep, I had just locked the keys in the pickup and Kynlie was in a diaper! Luckily, she had sunscreen on though!!
I asked the guys that were selling tickets if they knew how to get a hold of the sherrif and they told me to go talk to someone on the ambulance crew. It doesn't get anymore white trash than walking around at a derby with a baby in only her diaper! I felt like such an idiot. The ambulance crew called the sherrif and she showed up and gave us a ride to my pickup- baby in the front seat- nice huh.
She tried for over 15 minutes to get the pickup unlocked and I finally asked her if I could try something. A minute later, I had the pickup unlocked. She would've never got it unlocked.
I got my poor kid dressed and we went and watched Neil kick some butt, of course, Kynlie slept through each one of Neil's heats but I know she's proud of her daddy.
I am SO glad he is done driving for the year though, it is such a time consuming hobby.

Congratulations Neil- Kynlie and I love you!

Next weekend- Sheridan to see my brother and sister-in-law and Don King Days. Should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. ok that's hilarious. And I'm laughing WITH you, not at you. Is motherhood not the most humbling adventure or what? You're a great mom and Kynlie doesn't care if she's just in a diaper, ha! That's all that matters =) Congrats to Neil on his derby, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete